Replacing Your Missing Tooth
At Jensen Orthodontic Arts, our team of experts specializes in providing top-notch dental implant services. If you’re dealing with a missing tooth or teeth, you should know that removable dentures aren’t your only option anymore.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a device that is surgically placed into your jawbone and serves as the root for your new teeth. They’re usually made of titanium and provide a permanent base for your natural-looking replacement teeth.
With implant-supported dentures, Dr. Jensen can secure your dentures firmly in place and give you a high-quality, long-lasting solution to your missing teeth. Dr. Jensen will determine the denture or other prosthesis that’s right for you.
Once the implant has fused, our team will securely snap the denture, crown, or bridge over these titanium posts. Dental implants are an excellent, long-term solution if you’ve lost teeth due to injury, periodontal disease, or another reason.
Dental Implants Vs. Dentures
Dental implants are intended to be a permanent solution for your missing teeth, while dentures are obviously a removable option.
Dental implants are longer-lasting and more durable than dentures, and they look and feel more like your natural teeth. Dental implants also help prevent bone loss, while dentures can sometimes accelerate bone loss in the jaw.
The Dental Implant Restoration Process in McKinney
Dental implants are a restorative, cosmetic process that Dr. Jensen uses to permanently restore your missing tooth or teeth by:
- Using modern, implant-supported tooth replacements
- Working with high-level periodontists and oral surgeons for the implant placement
How Does It Work?
Your dental implantation procedure will involve several steps over a period of a few months.
- Dr. Jensen will work with our team to determine a plan for the placement of your titanium post, abutment post, and artificial tooth or teeth.
- Using sedation dentistry, an oral surgeon will then surgically place the titanium post into the jawbone.
- After a healing period of a few months, the specialist will attach the abutment post — a screw-like component — to the implant.
- Finally, Dr. Jensen will connect your replacement tooth or teeth to the abutment post.
Once your dental health is restored, Dr. Jensen and our team at Jensen Orthodontic Arts will utilize the best in personalized orthodontic care so you can get the healthy smile you deserve.
Benefits of Dental Implants
You will enjoy a few advantages when getting your dental implants from Jensen Orthodontic Arts, including:
- Expert care: Dr. Jensen is an expert in the dual specialty of orthodontics and prosthodontics and has the experience, knowledge, and artistic vision to transform your smile.
- Improved looks & function: Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth, which improves your appearance and restores your ability to eat and speak with ease.
- Durable, long-lasting treatment: Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
- Better oral health: Dental implants help prevent bone loss and other oral health issues that can arise from missing teeth.
- Improved confidence: Dental implants can boost your confidence and self-esteem by restoring your smile and making you feel more comfortable in social situations.
How Do I Care for My Dental Implants?
Proper care and maintenance of your dental implants are important to make sure they stay effective for a lifetime.
For the first few weeks after surgery, you’ll need to stick to softer foods. While you may not feel hungry, remember that you need nutrition to help the healing process.
Once your dentures have been installed, you’ll need to keep up your regular oral hygiene routine, which includes brushing, flossing, and dental checkups.